Friday, July 13, 2012

Is Your Real Estate Agent Doing The Best Job Possible?

As a Realtor I spend a lot of time on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) system looking for homes, rentals and commercial buildings for my clients. One of the things that always bugs me when I am looking at properties is the lack of effort some agents put into their listings. If you have a home, rental or other item marketed through an agent and you keep asking your self I wonder why I haven't gotten an offer yet, make sure you ask for a copy of your MLS listing once it is created because some agents nowadays are getting lazy when marketing your home.


Here is my top 5 list of MLS no no's!

1. No Picture of the House - This is a huge turn off for most Agents as well as perspective buyer it either means the house is terrible or I don't really want to sell

2. Listing with only 1 photo - Now I understand that from time to time there is a reason for having only one photo in MLS however it seems that there are a lot of listings have only one photo, the purpose of putting up photos is to give other agents and buyers and ideal of the condition of the house.

3. Lots of photos but of poor quality - Some agents do a good job of uploading lots of photos, but don't take the time to review what they have taken and end up uploading pictures that are too dark to see anything, or blurry. This is just as bad a not taking any photos since you still don't get a sense of the property.

4. No Description - This is another huge turn off for buyers and it takes only a few minutes for a good agent to write a description of the property.

5. Contradicting information - Some agents will put in contradicting information, for example saying there is a Realtor lockbox when there is actually a mechanical lockbox or saying the house is vacant when in fact there are people living in it. This frustrates agents more than home buyers but since those looking need an agent you don't want to make the agent mad.


If you  take one thing away from this post it is this... Pictures Sell Properties. Making sure your agent takes good pictures and puts as much information as possible into MLS. Ask your agent to show you the MLS listing or even better yet ask your agent to print your MLS listing and 2 comparable properties MLS listings and read them and compare them as if you were going to decide which of the three you would want to go see first as a buyer. If an agent is not willing to do this then I suggest you find another Agent as this is a very basic request to make.

iDeal Realty & Management
9051 W Kelton Lane, Suite 10
Peoria, Arizona, 85382
623-201-3544

21 comments:

  1. In today's tough real estate market, the Internet is playing a huge role in the buying and selling of real estate and is an almost limitless source of real estate information. However, it does not replace the experience and knowledge of an experienced real estate professional.

    property management Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      The role of a real estate agent is vital for dealing in property. The role is limited in the decision-making process, the job of a real estate agent is comprehensive and has to be updated as per market movements. Thanks for sharing more and more information....

      Homes For Sale In Charleston SC

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this post - I have found it really helpful. This company offer the service you are looking for. They were recommended to me, and I was really impressed with the service they offered. Houses for rent north london

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are riding around looking to buy a house. You see a sign in front of a house for sale. There is no legitimate licensee that would object to showing you their license. real estate agent noosa , are very competent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post! I enjoyed reading it! Thanks for sharing this useful info.keep updating same way. Cheers,Real Estate Agent then this will help you Real Estate Agents in India then this will help you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Post..I enjoyed reading it...Thanks for it.Property in Bhopal

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so true! I'm having a hard time looking for apartment in fort bonifacio to stay in. Getting a good place is an investment, so for agents there, please do help for customers' sake, not just for your commission.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers!
    Great post! Very informative.
    Thanks for possibility to write on your website,
    it's great!
    I’m still hoping there will be more posts on this site.
    Thanks a lot!

    top agent ranked Massachusetts

    ReplyDelete
  9. My agent recommended office space fort lauderdale to me. She heard that I was looking for some free spaces to store in some of my things because this year for me will be a lot of traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can know if your real estate is doing his best. Useful post
    Res Course

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems to be a good service. Thanks for sharing the same. real estate portal India

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    my essays

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is generally a wonderful website i should say,I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work.
    beat turnitin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for making this site very interesting! Keep going! You're doing very well!
    essay writing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is excellent. Let me inform You one thing that post have become most up-to-date and vital source of quality free information.
    essay writing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing. This is very helpful post. I like the way you write.
    diet Plan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, we know our real estate agent is certainly doing his job right because he was able to sell our property in just 6 months.

    -Bethany Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent post! I would like to say thank you for this amazing well needed post. I’ll be visiting this website in future as well. I hope I can read such nice article in near future.
    Condo Price Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was expecting a post like this! More than anything else, I want to thanks you for sharing this post.
    do essays

    ReplyDelete
  20. In Property Investment Mackay, we have our own views about it. We should be aware that everyone of us has its own beliefs. Its better to be knowledgeable in this matter. That will be the reason for us to correct some of the wrong impression of others.

    http://real-estate-in-australia.blogspot.com/2013/08/Property-Investment-Mackay.html

    ReplyDelete